Bust out your eating pants – you know the ones we mean – Chicago Restaurant Week is upon us!
Through Feb. 8, 2018, take advantage of restaurant deals all over the city and suburbs, with multi-course brunches and lunches that start at $22, and dinners starting at $33 and/or $44 (excluding drinks, tax and gratuity).
It’s not only a great time to try out new places, it’s a chance to support some women entrepreneurs and chefs. To maximize the win-win for Chicago feminist foodies, we’ve compiled a sampling of participating restaurants owned or managed by women or that have women chefs.
Know of one we missed? Let us know!
Women-owned restaurants in Chicago Restaurant Week:
- Belly Q, owned by Chef Bill Kim & Yvonne Cadiz Kim. Dinner
- The Boarding House, proprietor/master sommelier Alpana Singh. Dinner & Late Night
- Bread & Wine Restaurant and Market, chef and owner Lisa Fosler Kelly. Dinner
- Cesar’s Restaurant, yes, the Home of the Killer Margaritas, co-owners include sisters Sandra Sanchez and Lourdes Duran. Lunch.
- Kinzie Chophouse, Chicago’s Woman-Owned Steakhouse. Lunch & Dinner
- Naha, owner and executive chef Carrie Nahabedian. Lunch & Dinner
- Saigon Sisters, run by Vietnamese sisters Mary Nguyen Aregoni and Theresa Nguyen, along with their mother, Mama Suu. Lunch, Brunch & Dinner
- Seven Lions, proprietor/master sommelier Alpana Singh. Lunch, Brunch & Dinner
- Vermilion, owner Rohini Dey, Lunch, Brunch & Dinner
- Vivere, owner Gina Capitanini represents the third generation of the family to take the reins. Dinner & Late Night