Bust out your eating pants – you know the ones we mean – Chicago Restaurant Week is upon us!
Through Feb. 9, 2020, take advantage of restaurant deals all over the city and suburbs, with multi-course brunches and lunches that start at $24, and dinners starting at $36 and/or $48 (excluding drinks, tax and gratuity).
It’s not only a great time to try out new places, it’s a chance to support some women entrepreneurs and chefs. To maximize the win-win for Chicago feminist foodies, we’ve compiled a sampling of participating restaurants owned or managed by women or that have women chefs.
Know of one we missed? Let us know!
Women-owned restaurants in Chicago Restaurant Week:
- CheSa’s at The Bureau Bar & Restaurant. Chef Chesareé Rollins, Ph.D. – of CheSa’s Gluten Tootin Free Gourmet Food Truck fame! – cooks up gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options in an allergy-friendly kitchen. Brunch & Dinner
- Duck Duck Goat, chef & partner Stephanie Izard, Rob Katz & Kevin Boehm. Brunch & Dinner
- Kinzie Chophouse, Chicago’s Woman-Owned Steakhouse. Lunch & Dinner
- Little Goat Diner, chef Stephanie Izard, Rob Katz & Kevin Boehm. Dinner
- Monteverde, chef Sarah Grueneberg & Meg Sahs. Dinner
- Saigon Sisters, run by Vietnamese sisters Mary Nguyen Aregoni and Theresa Nguyen, along with their mother, Mama Suu. Dinner
- Split-Rail, executive chef Zoe Schor. Dinner
- Vermilion, owner Rohini Dey, Dinner – $36, $48
- Vivere, owner Gina Capitanini represents the third generation of the family to take the reins. Lunch & Dinner
Before You Go: Help Keep Us Rebellious
Rebellious Magazine for Women is funded almost entirely by individual contributions, and your gift goes directly to our diverse team of freelance writers, editors and creators. Please consider becoming a sustaining member on Patreon. Thank you!