Bust out your eating pants – you know the ones we mean – Chicago Restaurant Week is upon us!
Through Feb. 9, 2020, take advantage of restaurant deals all over the city and suburbs, with multi-course brunches and lunches that start at $24, and dinners starting at $36 and/or $48 (excluding drinks, tax and gratuity).
It’s not only a great time to try out new places, it’s a chance to support some women entrepreneurs and chefs. To maximize the win-win for Chicago feminist foodies, we’ve compiled a sampling of participating restaurants owned or managed by women or that have women chefs.
Know of one we missed? Let us know!
Women-owned restaurants in Chicago Restaurant Week:
- CheSa’s at The Bureau Bar & Restaurant. Chef Chesareé Rollins, Ph.D. – of CheSa’s Gluten Tootin Free Gourmet Food Truck fame! – cooks up gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options in an allergy-friendly kitchen. Brunch & Dinner
- Duck Duck Goat, chef & partner Stephanie Izard, Rob Katz & Kevin Boehm. Brunch & Dinner
- Kinzie Chophouse, Chicago’s Woman-Owned Steakhouse. Lunch & Dinner
- Little Goat Diner, chef Stephanie Izard, Rob Katz & Kevin Boehm. Dinner
- Monteverde, chef Sarah Grueneberg & Meg Sahs. Dinner
- Saigon Sisters, run by Vietnamese sisters Mary Nguyen Aregoni and Theresa Nguyen, along with their mother, Mama Suu. Dinner
- Split-Rail, executive chef Zoe Schor. Dinner
- Vermilion, owner Rohini Dey, Dinner – $36, $48
- Vivere, owner Gina Capitanini represents the third generation of the family to take the reins. Lunch & Dinner