What are precautions that an individual can take when getting a pedicure?
- Ensure that the technician does not perform procedures that they are not trained for, such as cutting or digging nail out of the sides of the toenail for ingrown nails and that they are cutting the nails straight across. Watch for how the instruments are handled and cleaned. Also, it is recommended not to shave your legs just prior to a pedicure to ensure they have no fresh cuts or nicks that could be a portal for potential bacteria to enter and cause infection. And always let the technician know if something feels uncomfortable or painful as they are working, and don’t be afraid to ask them to stop.
- Making sure the instruments are sterilized either in a solution or a new pack is opened in front of the client. You can also ask the technician about their sterilization techniques.
- Foot bath liners and nail files are always replaced after each service, and instruments are sterilized.
- Each client has a one-on-one session with the nail technician, and services are between 30 minutes for a manicure up to one hour for a pedicure.
- Manicures: $15-$40
- Pedicures: $30-$45
- We also offer paraffin wax bath, hot stone foot massage, eye brow waxing, and more.
Before You Go: Help Keep Us Rebellious
Rebellious Magazine for Women is funded almost entirely by individual contributions, and your gift goes directly to our diverse team of freelance writers, editors and creators. Please consider becoming a sustaining member on Patreon. Thank you!