If you’re a regular podcast listener or YouTube viewer, you’re likely already familiar with Patreon being hawked by your favorite content creators as a way to support them financially.
If you’re not familiar, the tea: Patreon is a membership platform for creators of all kinds, including artists, musicians, comedians, cartoonists, publishers—you name it.
In exchange for a monthly subscription, patrons get perks that range from exclusive content to swag. My personal Patreon feed is full of my favorite BIPOC and queer YouTubers, and they regularly post Patreon-only podcasts, livestreams, essays and other content.
As creators, they’re using Patreon to fund their special projects; as a supporter, I’m using it to curate the content world I most want to live in.
Rebellious Magazine launched on Patreon several years ago but, real talk, we haven’t shown the platform—or our amazing supporters there—enough love.
We’re jumping back in under the banner of the Feminist Media Foundation with perks such as:
- Exclusive regular posts from yours truly and other Rebellious staffers
- Free merch
- And, of course: the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping to stick it to the Big Media Man.
Reasons to support Rebellious:
- We’re continually producing impactful feminist coverage of arts & culture, music, news, politics, sexual health & reproductive justice
- We’re talking about the hardest things in the most productive way—and giving you the tools to do the same
- And last, but not least: We’re fully owned and operated by a mouthy Black lesbian feminist—and that’s a rare thing, y’all
Rebellious has three monthly membership levels:
- Ida B. Wells, $3
- RBG, $9
- Harriet Tubman, $20
You can also choose your own adventure if that’s more your jam.
It’s easy to join, and you can cancel anytime. You’ll also have the option to support other content creators on Patreon with a single monthly payment.
Join us to keep creating a more Rebellious world.Become a Patron!
Thank you for reading,
Before You Go: Help Keep Us Rebellious
Rebellious Magazine for Women is funded almost entirely by individual contributions, and your gift goes directly to our diverse team of freelance writers, editors and creators. Please consider becoming a sustaining member on Patreon. Thank you!