Options for Helping Us Sistas Out
Give Every Month
Give Just One Time
Become a Patron on Patreon (Fancy!)
Are you on Patreon? So are we! Click here to become a Patron. (This link will take you to our Patreon page.)
You Complete Us
Your generous support helps Rebellious Magazine for Women pay our talented writers and staff, put on our community-building events and keep this gorgeous site up and running.
Benefits of Rebellious Magazine for Women Membership
- Discounts on our events, including the Feminist Prom, Anniversary Party, readings, panel discussions, workshops & more
- A rad Rebellious Magazine for Women tote bag (take that, city of Chicago bag tax!)
- The satisfaction of stickin’ it to the Big Media Man
As of right now, Rebellious’ internship program is on hiatus (because we don’t believe in unpaid internships), but also keep a lookout for our submission calls or other ways to get involved.
Journalism Not-So-Fun Facts
- Rebellious Magazine for Women pays freelancers more than some of the biggest media companies in the country. You might be surprised to learn how many of the websites you read every day don’t pay writers anything at all for their work.
- Our freelance team of writers & producers is proportionally more diverse than just about every newsroom in the state of Illinois.
- Our founder Karen Hawkins maintains that we’re the only media platform in the country run by a mouthy black lesbian feminist over 40. You’ll just have to take her word for that.
If you like what you see around here and want to read even more Chicago-based independent feminist media, please consider a one-time or sustaining membership.