Rebellious is launching a podcast! Join hosts Jera Brown, Karen Hawkins and Princess McDowell for stimulating interviews that explore all facets of feminist erotic fiction, as well as short and sweet erotic snippets read by the authors themselves.
As part of the chat for our first episode, we discussed what makes erotica feminist, and our criteria included:
- Enthusiastic consent and autonomy of the characters
- An author writing about their lived experience (in terms of identity)
- Character development that makes them seem real (not just about getting off)
- Challenging a societal status quo somehow
- A fantastical element that enables characters to find healing/empowerment
Now we want to hear from you! Fill out the form below to holla at us for a chance to win a giftcard to Women and Children First!